I am a walking oxymoron.
Yes I can hear the immediate laughter of my friends and family now. It is true though, what kind of oxymoron am I?
Well, I am a clumsy athlete.
It's true, I can run and kick a soccer ball with ease, I can catch a pitch and gun down a runner at second without hesitation, I can throw a football at a moving target or catch a football while running, I can run up and down a basketball court dribbling the whole way, yet I get hurt doing the simplest of things. Even though I can excel at sports and am super coordinated when it comes to sports, you wouldn't know it if you saw me day to day without sports.
I can fall down while walking on completely even flat ground (ok maybe that's not completely true, but close), I have fallen out of a chair while sitting in it, I run in to tables I walk around every day, walk into door frames, break toes on garage doors and choke on hot chocolate. I once slammed my arm into a pipe that was hanging on a wall but barely stuck out two inches...it left my armed bruised and soar for a week. I don't get it or understand it. At this point I have just come to accept it.
I AM the clumsy athlete who can compete with the boys and then trip walking back to the car after a pick up game. Friends and family seem to get a baffled kick out of it and honestly I can't help but laugh myself. So many injuries or random clumsy things have been so outrageous "you gotta be kidding me" moments that my first reaction normally is to laugh and then move on with life. I tell myself and others that I believe God put me on this planet so he could laugh every day. I am sure he enjoys his front row seat to my every day crazy happenings.
So yes I am an oxymoron and proud of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.